Passions of an Odd Chick

Monday, August 11, 2008

Longhorn on Caffeine


This lively little watercolor I did recently does not reflect the tired, exhausted soul I am tonight. But, she does have that "this ain't my first rodeo" attitude about her.
I'm keeping my grandsons who are 6 and 3 and they woke me up when the sun came up and we headed out on the farmyard to ride anything that would start and we haven't quit all day. I just cleaned up my favorite pottery bowl in pieces off my tile floor along with chocolate pebbles and milk! The dogs helped me out with the cleaning as Auggie apologized even though it was an accident. Don't ask me why I put his cereal in my favorite handmade pottery bowl? I guess grandmothers have short memories about some things.


But I do remember that this time is short, and I only have them for a couple of weeks in the summer, and even if it takes me days to recover, I'm hanging in for this whole week and will play and follow like a 6 year old and squeeze everything out of this blessing, learn from them, and give of myself, like there is no tomorrow.

8 comments:

L'Adelaide said...

oh my goodness, I LOVE this watercolor!!! Your colors are incredible, made my mouth water just looking at it!

I envy you with your grandboys for a couple of weeks!! Wow, I would love it but also be very tired out....but aren't they blessings?

have fun and I wish you good nights of sleep.

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

I'm sorry about your bowl. Poor little Auggie. He must have felt so bad.

And I really love this water color too.

Unknown said...

I love this painting - you depicted this animal beautifully and with just a few lines ... I also love your story of your day ... I hope you sleep well so you can get up and do it all again :)

(BTW - Thank you for your kind comments on my blog)

Steve Emery said...

Wow! I am so glad to see this longhorn, and in such wonderful color (it fed my sweet tooth). Amazing creatures, and I think you captured some magic.

Sue J said...

Hi OC, Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm enjoying yours :)) Love the amazing colours in the Longhorn. I like bright things. I will be back.
(PS What's EDW?)

Shelley said...

LOVE the longhorn. Enjoy those grandbabies! I cant believe the boys are that old :) Time flies...

Clare said...

Beautiful painting!!! Btw, Did you like your book from etsy? ;0)

Anonymous said...

Love the watercolor...I'm a sucker for new and exciting uses of purple...though looking again, there isn't really much purple there...then, maybe purple is more a feeling...or it just forms in my mind when I look at this....I love the title, too. Then, most things I write should probably have "on caffeine" appended to their titles....