Passions of an Odd Chick

Friday, August 8, 2008

ART SHOW 2008






I know my blogging channel has been rather quiet but my real life has been very hectic. I (and 3 other com padres) spent the last four days re-decorating some very boring classrooms at the museum for the reception of our annual art show. It took less than 45 minutes to tear it down last night. But we had about 350-400 people show up for the opening of our art show so I call it a success. Someone asked me if I was a professional "installation artist" and I said no rather quickly. Even though I was flattered, I don't think I would be interested in making a job out of it.
My Greek horse, "World Traveler" won no prizes but I still feel honored to have had it juried in and for it to hang in our very prestigious museum for the next 10 days.











Below are some of my favorites from the show.




















Aren't these adorable?






This bust is an example of some of our student art pieces. The boy who created this was 18.
There are many, many more incredible images that I wish I could share.
If anyone has a real interest in the ones I have shown here, they are all for sale and I can get you any information you may need to acquire the piece.

5 comments:

L'Adelaide said...

how fun! I think you should have won a prize but anyway :/

I think my favorite that you photographed is the woman...she sort of looks like I feel sometimes from what I could see through my screen.

yes, I had noticed you were quieter but so was I so the ebb and flow of blogging perhaps...I am happy to be back after being so limited on my bandwidth usage...ugh!

Steve Emery said...

Nice crowd of work to be hanging with. That one of the orchestra looks pretty interesting to me. Thanks for sharing so many photos of your fellow artists' work!

Ernie Hendrix said...

Your beautiful horse fits in just great with the other pieces. Good job on both it and the work you did in creating a good setting to show off the art work. You can be proud of both.

Ernie
Gypsy Gold Studio

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

I'm glad you're having some of your work shown. It looks like an interesting show. Too bad I can't see it in person.

Anetka said...

Wow!! Peggy this is just awsome! Your work on an exhibition, plus you were the one who had the privilige to decorate the museum for the main show:)!!!
You've done a great work:) Congratulations:)

Small steps lead us to a big success:)
apart from your work I love the orchestra painting the most:)