Passions of an Odd Chick

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Peggy Sue to the Awesome 10th Power

And you thought my name was "odd chick". Well, to two of my favorite little boys I am "Peggy Sue". No one knows why my oldest grandson decided to call me that (Sue is not my middle name) and stick it to me for long enough for the second one to come along but that's who I am. But it is for them that I sketched this old tractor tricycle. It was my husband's toy as a child. It was actually a red Farmall riding toy but someone painted it green. Hubby is not sure of the story but he thinks it is because he preferred John Deere green to Farmall red. Anyway, even without its steering wheel it has been a favorite toy to ride on and it sits on my front porch. And I sketched it because my grandsons look at my art journal frequently and the last time Auggie saw I had sketched a truck, he called me "Peggy Sue to the Awesome 10th Power". I don't think I have ever had such a heartfelt vote of confidence!
So ever now and then I add another favorite object of the boys just to win their approval and encourage their own sketching practice. This tractor also made for a very nice prop for this family picture. I am the very blessed woman in purple surrounded by my favorite people in all the earth.


Carolyn Graham gets all the credit for this very nice photo of my family.

4 comments:

Jools said...

Hello there! Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog. It's wonderful that we can all connect even when we live on opposite sides of this beautiful planet :)
I'll keep an eye on your blog - enjoying the lovely images.
Cheers,
Julia.

Anetka said...

Peggy,
I gave you an award on my blog. Don't feel like you have to participate unless you want to :)

Jeannelle said...

Lovely family photo! And how nice your grandkids can enjoy your artwork.....you're an inspiration to them, I'm sure! We also had a green pedal tractor when I was kid.

Anonymous said...

This is such a sweet and dear post and what a wonderful family you have!
ronell