Passions of an Odd Chick

Friday, July 4, 2008

Making Stuff



Anetka , one of my favorite bloggers had sketched a picture of Queen Victoria and it reminded me of an image I had seen of Elizabeth I. So while we watched the Other Boleyn Girl (the book was better), I sketched Queen Elizabeth. Mom and I have always been fascinated with the Tudors and Elizabethan history. My sweet husband bore with us as he doesn't feel well today, with a crick in his neck, and he does not particularly like romances and drama.

So, it being a holiday, with him feeling bad, we've stayed at home all day. It's amazing what you can get accomplished when you stay at home. I mowed the yard. I finished two, wild dragonfly pillows. And I painted some shoes my daughter bought at Target and tried to give them an Anthropologie feel, but I didn't quite achieve it. She will enjoy them anyway. They certainly didn't have an Anthropologie price!!

I am grateful for the holiday and opportunities to be creative.


1 comment:

L'Adelaide said...

hello dear...I have not "seen" you lately on my blog(s) and wondered how you are...I see you are keeping very busy and having lots of wonderful time with mom...and I love your shoes! No, they don't have that expensive anthropologie feel, which I do admit to loving, but they have an artistic quirky feel that I love a whole lot more! If she won't wear them, maybe you can? happy 4th!