Passions of an Odd Chick

Monday, July 7, 2008

FACES






You don't come visit odd chick for nothing. This unusual face may seem .... well, unusual -but it was inspired by this quote: "In the arts, your weakness becomes your signature; the fact that your work is imperfect makes it interesting. A perfect face isn't interesting". So I'm thankful that someone has taught me to get past the don't-paint-until-you-can-do-it-perfectly syndrome! Yeah, I started my new art journal!

Question: Do you know how old I would be by the time I learned to paint (play the piano, speak Spanish, etc.) well?????

Answer: The same age you would be if you don't.

Brenda Ueland said: "Why should we all use our creative power...? Because there is nothing that makes people so generous, joyful, lively, bold, and compassionate, so indifferent to fighting and accumlation of objects and money."


Do these faces look like they should be on WANTED posters? They crack me up! Normally, I would not put front images of my grandsons but good grief.... anyone could love these faces. Now that's good art - I don't care who you are.

No comments: