Passions of an Odd Chick

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Hol-i-daze




We had a picnic at our small park with our church group to celebrate an early Fourth of July. My husband cooked the hamburgers and hotdogs and we had cupcakes and homemade icecream. Little kids were jumping in the water and running up to the table for cupcakes and older people were just enjoying the outing. I was sitting with my Mom and her best friend and sketching this incredibly sweet scene of a hosts of people I love so very dearly, in a place that is idyllic, with family, friends and good food. What more could a girl ask of her life? And speaking of blessings......

This is my Mom and her best friend, who is also a very dear friend of mine. She came to my house yesterday, and she and Mom and I made decorative pillows all afternoon. And then she went to the park with us for hamburgers as I mentioned above.

I hope everyone has a great 4th and we never forget the price of freedom. I feel very content and wealthy beyond measure today.


1 comment:

Anetka said...

I just love your sketch, it's so loose and amazingly simple but has so much in it!!!

prize of peace is always high, enjoy your day:)