Passions of an Odd Chick

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Lemon Chilton Park




So yesterday my husband fixed me a lemon Chilton because it was hot and windy and we were tired. I sat in my big leather chair and I got my sketch book out and put a good movie on. It's a form of romance for Greg and I to hide from the rest of the world and just enjoy each other's company right during the middle of the hot afternoon. I had things to do, of course, like bookwork, yard work and laundry. But I decided to escape to "Lemon Chilton Park" or what I called my new little art piece.
Today - I have some regrets. I had to rake hay for several hours this morning, then I got to cut hay until noon. Of course, this was the day I was going to do yesterday's jobs. But the winnower broke down, and now I can do a little catch up before it gets fixed and I go back to cutting hay.
Oh, but the escape to Lemon Chilton Park for a little while was so refreshing - I guess I wouldn't trade it after all.

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

I don't know what a lemon chilton is but I do know I really like your imaginative lemon trees I like this drawing

Unknown said...

I googled lemon chilton - it sounds yummy :)
Beautiful and fun drawing ....