Passions of an Odd Chick

Thursday, June 26, 2008


I'm pooped. I really just want to take a nap already and I haven't been up but 2 hours. My mom and dad are coming from Texas and this morning is the only time I have to clean the house. A friend and I fed our church family last night as we did "Good Girls Go Greek". We cooked them a Greek meal with Greek music and told them of our travels to Greece in March. They seemed to really enjoy it but it took a lot of time and effort. And now I'm reeeallly tired.
I've said "yes" to too many things lately. Not realizing that all the regular things I have to do can pop up at anytime - and of course, this is the time they all pop up.
Other than coffee, what is it that keeps us going? I've learned to just do the best you can with the day you have. Nothing more than that can be done. I've learned that when we you say "yes" to someone, you're saying "no" to someone else. Most of the time that "no" is to you... For me today, it is: no to rest, no to painting, no to couple time with hubby. I've learned that... but I still haven't found a good balance.
Oh well, as a new song says: I can sleep when I'm dead.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ROFL I love the image and saying. You are so right about the regular things of life popping up. They can be counted on for their timing, but not for the load they bring with them most of the time. Life is so interesting and God is so good. Have you noticed that this is the 2nd week of a hugely close, orange moon, for the past couple of days it looks like it is peeking out lol..THanks for the comment on my blog, have a great day :)