Passions of an Odd Chick

Monday, June 9, 2008


"I'd gone through life believing in the strength and competence of others; never in my own. Now, dazzled, discovered that my capacities were real. It was like finding a fortune in the lining of an old coat. " unknown


I like this quote because I was one of those people that let other people define who I was. When it finally dawned on me that God defined who I was, and that He was really crazy about me, it changed my course in life. I began to take my own path, where I walked with God, and He let me discover things about myself that enhanced the life He had given me. No longer am I defined by others, no longer do I seek my value from others. I know where I stand in this universe and the next. Of course, I want your acceptance, but if I don't receive it, I believe now it is not necessarily my problem. I've been given a fortune by this very precious life I live and I want to live it out in such a way that He who created me has squeezed every talent, every drop of love, at full capacity, until I drop dead from the passionate striving of this goal.

8 comments:

jax said...

amen.

Christie said...

Quirky, expressive face - I like it very much. And your birds are great!

Sandy said...

Such a lovely face to go with a lovely quote.

Angie in AZ said...

Love this! And I love discovering a sister in Jesus! Great painting too!

L'Adelaide said...

loved your passionate striving post and the painting of the woman! btw, that picasso-esque banner is mine, weird as it is! I am sorry to hear your grandbabies have made their way back home and I am in the midst of gearing up for that as well, however, I am exhausted due to illness and so accept the inevitable leaving as somewhat a blessing as I need the rest...I will miss the dear ones though....

Ernie Hendrix said...

Just wanted to pop in quick like and say thank you so much for your encouragement during this tough spell my mother is going through. Please continue your prayers for both of us.

Love,

Ernie

Anetka said...

I like your journal, partly describing me as well. Each and every one of us needs ot go through stages to get where you are at the moment:)

Great sketches and attitude:)

Unknown said...

... and sometimes the fortune IS the old coat :)
All my favorite coats come from the thrift store - they are the best ones actually!