Passions of an Odd Chick

Saturday, June 14, 2008

I think I'm leaning toward really hot colors because it's so darn hot and dry here. We've had several 102 days and it's been months since it rained. And the wind - it's like a blowing heater on high. I'm really looking forward to Cloudcroft. There is usually a 20 degree difference in temperature, not much wind, but I think it is dry there right now. I love when it rains in the mountains and the storms come through so maybe it will happen while I'm there.


This will be my last post for a week or so. I hope I'll have some new ideas with my art as this teacher (Mary A. Beckwith) shows us how to use watercolor and acrylics and all kinds of stuff in our paintings- mixed-media which I play at but have no idea what I'm doing. Mary Ann Beckwith is famous and has written books and won many awards on the subject.

I'll look forward to catching up on your posts. Have a good week and remember your fathers! I sent mine a fresh basket of pears (his favorite thing) and they accidentally wrapped it in "IN SYMPATHY" ribbons. My brothers are giving me heck so next year I think I'll make it a tradition and always send him "in sympathy" baskets just for fun.



3 comments:

L'Adelaide said...

How wonderful your vacation/workshop sounds...I would love to go to NM and have it in my sights for a trip....love the flipflops!! LOVE THEM! and also really like those HOT pears :)

Susan Tuttle said...

Such colorful art - love it!

Susan

Claudia said...

Thank you for your kind comment on my blog! -I like your paintings, too!