Passions of an Odd Chick

Thursday, June 12, 2008


I love light and shadows and this was my attempt at the practice. Looking at things with your "third eye" and seeing all the dimensional aspects of a perfectly normal setting -like how the light changes an image and how the shadow becomes an image in itself - makes for wonderful viewing of the world. This scene at a mall (who would have thunk it?) stopped me in my tracks and made me pull my camera out and just enjoy what had happened to these ordinary objects when God shone His light on them.
I would like to think that this is what happens to a life once God shines his Son on them. It should change this ordinary object. I shouldn't have a flat affect when viewed by others - but a multi-dimensional, enhanced, resonant beauty that makes you want to stop and ask, "how did that happen?"

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's cool!
Yup, sometimes we look at thing without looking - photography and sketching makes for more purposeful looking ....
You talk about God too - maybe because He MADE us, He looks ate us more purposefully than we realize :)
THE Artist!

Heather said...

Just wanted to stop in and say hello! Your artwork is beautiful-- I especially love the colors in this one, you can almost see the shadows moving! Hard to believe that this was in the mall! I guess those malls deserve a second look!~