Passions of an Odd Chick

Friday, January 16, 2009

Sitting Pretty



I had good sales in Ruidoso at my booth and even had time to draw this little duchess on the front cover of a novel by the same name. Wickedly, her arm looks like it has been twisted and replaced - woops- but otherwise I think she sat a striking pose for me.

It was good for me to draw in public and to relax into the enjoyable effort after such a busy two weeks of pre-preparation and then the busy-ness of setting up a booth. It's amazing that even when you're tired physically - drawing can take you to a highly focused and intense zone and provide you a sense of well-being. While fully conscious and aware, self-consciousness and physical weariness seems to disappear for awhile. The most amazing prescription... I just can't say enough about the secret pill I've found.

6 comments:

L'Adelaide said...

well, I have just been waiting for you to post!! ::)

seriously, what were you selling? I don't remember you saying other than you were in a show...I love your madame, even with the little bit wonky arm!
X

Unknown said...

Congrats on the good sales - that's awesome!

I love your pretty lady .... maybe that arm just needs a marionette string ;) .... I wouldn't have noticed it if you didn't say something!

a mouthy irish woman? ridiculous! said...

i love her!! she is beautiful!

so glad you had a good sale!!

Vikki North said...

Hi-
Art has always been my poison of choice and number 1 addiction also. It is magic.
Vikki

*jean* said...

aaahhh i know of this place of which you speak....it's so peaceful there....

she's really lovely...and i'm glad you posted her!

butterfly woman said...

I find your woman intriguing, her twisted arm adds interest. I'm often either elongating or changing shapes of limbs, arms, faces, torsos. Adding our own personal stamp is a good thing. Watercolor this is, she's beautiful. I for the first time also painted images (fairies and fairie wings) while showing my work at an art fair. I felt a bit anxious and painting got me into meditative zone, I felt then so relaxed. Better than a pill, for sure. Your site is always interesting, never know what to expect!