Passions of an Odd Chick

Friday, September 2, 2011


Finaly, finally got to get my mess out and paint. I started my 10th art journal. (My first one began on the first day I blogged).
WHAT a journey an art journal addiction becomes!!
AND I am having me some IPAD fun, yes I am!!
It comes with a PHOTObooth app and a built-in camera. I made this pic of my feet on my favorite rug and twisted up the above previous journal painting.

wouldn't this make a pretty valentine?
Playing with Nourish Your Mind
Other apps artist will love: Penultimate. Your IPAD becomes a sketch pad and all you need is your finger.


and you can let little kids draw on it in church. the best etch-a-sketch ever!

For lots and lots of  visual dreaming, with or without and IPAD- try Pinterest. My daughter got me caught up on it and now it is like crack to my inspiration addiction.
If you can share any fun apps with me in your comments, I would love it!


6 comments:

Poetic Artist said...

Thank you for your sweet comment.I also have been a bad blogger..I dont have an Ipad and was wondering if I would like one..So now you really have my interest..Do I need one? Share..
Is your trip still coming up in Oct? Hugs and Prayers,
Katelen

Ernie Hendrix said...

SO glad to see you back blogging! I've missed reading your wonderful thoughts and seeing your gorgeous paintings. I was having serious withdrawals.

My traveling art journal is supposed to be with Kim right now. I haven't heard from her that she received it but since I sent it priority mail, I'm sure it's ok. I did request a delivery receipt and I got that from USPS.

I would I could discipline myself enough to continuously work in an art journal. But my internal censor is so severe that it makes it hard for me to even start, much less maintain a journal. But that beautiful Beta you put in yours makes me want to try once again!

I don't have an iPad and don't see one in my future. Right now I just don't need another thing to carry around with me!! My big girl camera is quite enough weight what with two lenses and accessories. But maybe someday.

Again, welcome back. You've been missed.

Jennifer Richardson said...

such amazing new toys!
i love where your creativity
is taking you.....such a rushing
stream, yours:)
hope it's a weekend
for basking.
just basking.
enjoy,
Jennifer

Bren Graham Thebeau said...

You are having fun. My grand-daughters and I have a great time with ibooth doing the same kind of things. Fun post

L'Adelaide said...

how fun is all this stuff!!! i do have an IPad i have yet to make much use of other than checking email, being retarded when it comes to anything techie... i have a printed out manual over 2 inches thick!!!

love your fish and am glad to see you back...i wondered where you were off to but thought perhaps it was farming time...

still going on your trip?? we want to know!!!
xxx

Steve Emery said...

I love the fish.

Still not drawing on screen or tablet... I may eventually.

I have a cool online "app" (if you can call it that). It's a timed figure site for gesture drawing practice. You pick your type of photo (nude, draped, gender - a combination of several) and a number of seconds for each slide to show up, and then click "Draw!" The result is a series of photos that come up for you to attack in the medium of your choice. The beauty of this is that it doesn't allow you to dilly dally - you have to draw faster than you can think, and this exercises the correct part of the mind (and the gets the other stuff out of the way). Norm is to set it for 60, 90, or 120 seconds, max...

http://lovecastle.org/draw/

Have fun.