Passions of an Odd Chick

Saturday, October 9, 2010

A Good Season

5X5 block canvas, acrylic
Sweet Farmer and I will head for the mountains in Cloudcroft for an anniversary on 10-10-10. At 10:10 a.m., we will be having a champagne brunch at the Lodge at Cloudcroft. If you are ever in the area, it is a beautiful place with a 5star chef, and one of our favorite romantic spots. The aspens should be turning just about now and I hope to get some good pics as the above is just a study of what I would like to try on a very large canvas.

Farming is slowing down, thank goodness. And I look forward to the fall and winter when I can visit family and friends, paint in front of the fire, and drink my lovely variations of hot tea.

I'm in such a great place in my life, a good season. I sometimes feel so happy that I know anytime the shoe will drop and this beautiful, peaceful time will come crashing down. But there are so many that I hear from, that I pray for, that I cry with that are not in a happy place. In fact, it's tortuous and nerve-racking. And the solutions to their problems are not around the corner. And we know it and we accept it- but it still makes the going so difficult.


6x6 canvas, mixed-media

This one is for you. May you feel this little chubby, calm bird sit on your shoulder and let you know that there are people thinking about you and this season will pass in time.
I believe we will all go back to a garden and green hills will be in our vision for as far as we can see.
hope.


8 comments:

Poetic Artist said...

Romance and happines. You are blessed..Enjoy....Enjoy.
Hugs,
Katelen

Buffy said...

Happy anniversary. Hope you have a beautiful day! Just enjoy where you're at now. Love both of these. Especially the bird,the quote is perfect.

Linda Hensley said...

I saw your comment on Karin's blog (http://aviewbeyondwords.blogspot.com/) and followed you here because I thought your words were priceless. I was so glad to see a visit to your site was worth the trip!

Nancy said...

Happy Anniversary...and have a great time on your trip..make lots of memeories to relive later when your heart is a little low......

I really like this picture....We picked up an order of aspen last week to put on the walls of an addtion we are doing to our little cabin in the mountains...Beautiful wood.....

Have fun....

I have not forgotten about getting one of your beautiful girls; I've just been very busy and traveling....will get up with you soon....

LeeAnn@Encouragement Is Contagious said...

Oh how sweet is that chubby cute little bird and the message so sweet too! You have such a caring heart and it sure shows in your writing and in your art creations.

Happy Anniversary! Oh the place you are staying looks dreamy! May this time together be so special.

Unknown said...

I do hope you and your hubby had a great time on your Anniversary! So happy to have found your blog, will make it one to visit often. I adore your little mixed media painting...I so love birds!!! Blessings,

Louise Gale "Dream-Inspire-Create" said...

Hello my lovely. I just LOVE that you and your hubby were drinking and celebrating at 10.10 on 101010! Congratulations! So loved catching up on all the outstanding work you have been creating. You are AMAZING. xx

Ernie Hendrix said...

A belated Happy Anniversary to you both. You both deserve each other and what a wonderful present you are to each other.

Ernie