Passions of an Odd Chick

Thursday, October 21, 2010

A Few Mysteries

For the life of me, I don't know where this portrait came from in my head. I'm working with oil pastels, just practicing and this face began to emerge so I just went with it. I look at so many art books that I'm sure I was influenced by someone, I just can't remember who. I like the different affect, and I tried not to over paint it. He looks like a painter to me.
I've got two more girl faces to do to finish my 20 (a commitment I made to myself) but nothing comes so I just wait.
I did get to see my two favorite little faces this weekend.
Oh MY, not those, although my daughter tells me that they can be little stinkers- I've never seen it.
Photograph by Stacy Berry
I loved seeing my family and my grandsons.
When I got home, Sweet Farmer had a big surprise for me. I can't tell you now because I'm getting ready to go on a trip to Colorado but I'll let you know when I get back.
Here's a hint.

Can anybody guess?




10 comments:

Unknown said...

Your portrait looks to my eye to be a cross between Bob Dylan and Prince? :-D I know that Dylan dabbled in paint a bit but I'm not sure about squiggly man Prince.

My first comment here, I think. I do read the posts sometimes without comment, too.

Peace,
Gina

GlorV1 said...

It's a great portrait. I like the way when we paint, things just seem to appear on the canvas or paper and then we just go with the flow. Very nice work. Have a great rest of the week.

Bren Graham Thebeau said...

Interesting how the males are clamouring for a little attention from your paint brush :-) Expressive.

Louise Gale "Dream-Inspire-Create" said...

Hey my lovely. Wow cool portrait, maybe the face is someone you are going to meet on your journey? How exciting that would be. Lovely photos of the boys sooo cute. Have a lovely trip xxx

Jennifer Richardson said...

I love that you
follow your muse
and let the outcome
unfold
and
take it's time
about it.
-Jennifer

Carolyn said...

Interesting young man...amazing how he appeared from your fingertips as though he were already a part of your life. Sometimes that happens...I've been writing...sometimes the story just happens, my fingers go through the motions of typing it on the screen...but the story would be there whether I wrote it down or not. That's the way this young man is...he was there, you just opened the way for him to appear. Your grandsons are beautiful...have fun with them!

Poetic Artist said...

Mystery Man...
Your grandsons are so handsome. I know they are a joy. Enjoy your weekend and your trip to CO..
Hugs,
PPPP/Katelen lol

Buffy said...

I think the surprise was roses? Love your man portrait,i love to see the outcome when something just appears then I always wonder why it appeared. Your grandsons are adorable without the masks of course!

LeeAnn@Encouragement Is Contagious said...

He looks like an interesting character that could tell us some interesting stories.

Didn't you just get back from a trip with your hubby? Anxious to see what your Sweet Farmer's surprise was.

chrissy said...

i love those boys.
little works of jolee art they are!!!
miss you friend.
xo