It feels so good to see some progress.
- I'm learning how to blend my acrylics! THIS IS HUGE PEOPLE!! I'm so happy about that!
- I'm learning that I can use good paper to paint on and not just canvas and that they don't take up so much room (under the bed) and it reminds me of my journal which feels very comfortable.
- I'm learning to let my attitude show- that it is okay that I'm not SWEET, like some people I envy- that I have a EDGE-y-ness and I can let it show in my art.
- I'm learning that if I can't get a desired affect with one medium, then I can with another. The world is MMMIIINE in art supplies MMMMAAAHHHH.
- I'm learning that I can make it any darn thing I want it to be and that I don't have to show it to anyone if I don't want to - that I paint until I like it- period.
- I'm learning to use my hands in the paint and to rub charcoal in for drama, but wipe it off for goodness sake on the end of your fingers before you go back into it!
- I'm learning that consistently working, leaving a mess in your kitchen, everyday, does produce results and you can still cook with half a counter.
You can't imagine how much your encouragement has spurred me on.
One thing to ask- I haven't actually painted the words in - I only digitally placed them to see if I like them (another lesson). I would really like your honest opinion about the left side of the painting. Any better ideas?
- OH, and I've learned to ask my friends when I get stumped.