Passions of an Odd Chick

Saturday, April 25, 2009


I love it when others have shown pictures of their home and favorite things so I thought that I would also share some of my favorite spots and cherished items.
This is a quilt I made several years ago because I love dragonflies.

Did you know dragonflies live as a larvae on the sides of ponds and waterholes for most of their lives and only birth into a dragonfly for the last part of their lives? I love the idea that they are the most beautiful and active for the last part of their lives. Actually, they just fly around eating and having sex, never harming anyone but a few mosquitoes. Of course, their colors amaze me and they never give you long glances- you must catch their beauty quickly. It is for all those reasons I have made this guilt and placed it above my favorite little Amish bench.

(is anyone else having trouble with blogger? all my pictures posted in code and my headings are all gone on my preview which makes it difficult to create a new post?)

5 comments:

Genie Sea said...

I was surprised and delights to find out this was a quilt! It so looks like stained glass! Marvelous!

I haven't posted today, so I don't know if blogger is experiencing hiccups. I hope it's temporary :)

Unknown said...

Beautiful quilt! We live near lots of water sources, so summertime brings dragonfly visitors ... I've always loved the colors - and you really captured them in your quilt - even the pillows on the bench!

While you were writing a new post you might have ended up in the "edit html" tab. You should be in the "compose" tab

Michelle said...

I love it!

Dragonflies are my favourite thing!

Carol Anne Strange said...

I adore your dragonfly quilt! What a beautiful creation, and a lovely spot in your home.

Vikki North said...

The quilt is beautiful! I thought it was stainglass when I first opened up to your blog.

I had that problem with blogger a few months ago. I had to reload my heading. Everything else was still there- I just recalled it through the layout page. They 'had' some sort bug from what I read in their help forum. It was 'suppose' to be fixed?
Vikki