Passions of an Odd Chick

Monday, July 2, 2012

GANESH, The Remover of Obstacles


So I'm taking this wonderful class, and no, the teacher is not paying me and I'm not a close friend (although I love her from the videos), but I think when you find a good thing on-line you should share it. It may be just what a new artist needs on their journey. This class has been a very good fit for me.

My daughter wanted an elephant. SO....... I got started but had a very, VERY, hard time with it. One of my fellow classmates (thanks KARIN) suggested I ask the elephant because she stated: "In eastern tradition, the elephant god, Ganesh, is the Remover of Obstacles".

So what the heck? And the elephant talked to me. I said, "You're messy, you know".
The Elephant said, "I know, but so is your daughter's hair and her house. Let me be".
I said, "Elephants are hard to paint, geeeez".
He said, "Then let me just step out of the picture. Quit being afraid of me. I remove obstacles, remember?"

And so I named him, "The Remover of Obstacles" and I hope he gives you courage to remove the obstacles in your life today and makes you smile.
Talking to elephants can be very enlightening!

12 comments:

Elin said...

Visiting from the e-course :)
I think your elephant is beautiful, and so is the story about it. Thanks for sharing.

Dirt Road Quilter said...

I think talking to elephants agrees with you because he is magnificent and he speaks to me and art should speak to you. Well done!

rachel awes said...

your elephant is breath-taking + delicious at the same time! LOVE!

Bren Graham Thebeau said...

Oh this class has been a great fit for you, it seems to fit so well with how you paint and Mr. Elephant is proof! He may have given you a hard time, but I love the wonderful translucent layers of colours.

WrightStuff said...

Stunning!

L'Adelaide said...

he is stupendous as all like him should be! your color makes my mouth water, just love it!

I hope to see you at my new place sometime ? I am missing my blogger friends... take careX

Miss Marple said...

Thank you sooo much for your lovely comment on my blog...it really does good to hear from others.

Unknown said...

Hi Peggy, what a beautiful collection of creative paintings you have. Your work is fantastic and I love your animals. This elephant has such presence and what beautiful colours you've used to create him. I look forward to seeing more of your creations in class (o: Liza x

Jennifer Richardson said...

He is WONDERFUL!!!!!
And I can feel the obstacles
clearing my head
even as I take in his strength.
Your painting is fierce, friend.
I'm such a huuuuuuuge fan:)
-Jennifer

Siggadisart said...

Love your elephant, nice work.

*jean* said...

i LOVE this one!!! awesome!

Itaya Art said...

What a wonderful elephant painting! I love the colors you used. So striking and vivid. I have recently become well acquainted with Ganesh. Your daughter is very blessed to have him in her home. :)