Passions of an Odd Chick

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Gushing



"Gushing" 24x24 Acrylic on Canvas

I can't stop painting. It is literally gushing out of me. I hope you're not tired of hearing praises about this class because I love the growth and passion I am taking away from it.

Sometimes, there are other artist and classes and books or music that unlock another "number" in your creative spirit that is mysteriously locked inside some of us like a sequence on a combination lock on a treasure chest.

"Seek and you shall find."
"Knock and the door shall be opened."

And you never forget that person or that book that "clicked" another slot to that sacred safe of treasures.
This has been that kind of class for me. It has unlocked and unleashed some heretofore hidden talent that laid dormant in me just waiting for me to find the right moment in time and the right person to coax it out.

And I put my INTENTION out into the world.
There is something to that brave step, I believe.

I have many more "clicks" to go, possibly a life-time of uncovering what God planted inside of me to find and discover and enjoy.
I'm going to do my part in seeking it out because He has proven Himself reliable in providing the abundant treasures along the way.
Tell me about that click for you: a person, book or music.. or pet or whatever....

5 comments:

Tracy said...

HI, Peggy! I'm slow to stopping back again because I've been painting a lot too! The Bloom True course is pure gold, isn't it?! I've been painting almost daily, and this has been a huge expansion for my creative horizons. I can't believe this is the last week...*sniff*... LOVE, love, love this particular work, Peggy! That waterfall flow is fabulous. The sense of movement is incredible. And I love all the texture and color "framing" the fall... Dazzling! Your place here really inspires me! I hope to share my blooming works early next week after the finish. :o)

rachel awes said...

love your gush!
the water + paint + click of it!
my click is solitude.
xox

Bren Graham Thebeau said...

It's thrilling to see you come into your own, a new place that your unique voice has taken you too. Right teacher, right student, right time=perfection! Love this new piece, keep them coming

Jennifer Richardson said...

Ohhhh, your gush is spilling
over onto me
like delicious rain
on dry ground:)
love what is happening in
and with
and to you!

color, music, air, sky....click, click, click:)

love to you and your gushing,
Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Such a cool painting!