Passions of an Odd Chick

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Angel Muse

I got a new journal and I don't know what possessed me to try out my new Shiva oil sticks on the first page, but I just thought it was time. This was a little picture on a pocket calender I received in the mail and I thought I would try a study of it. I soon realized I was way over my head with hands and face tones but it certainly was great practice. Now I know why the oil painters get the big bucks. IT'S HARD.

But you should shake yourself up every now and then. Don't you think?

I'm so happy to have a small moleskin again. Maybe this Angel Muse will help me along as I fill up the pages.

9 comments:

Poetic Artist said...

You did such a beautiful job..Your moleskin has taken off perfect.

Renee Howell said...

Lovely - nice jump to something new and nice landing!

DJ said...

You wrote of bravery in your last post. In this one, you acted upon it.
Well done.
Great use of oil sticks!!!
You go girl... :-)
Do it again!

The Creative Beast said...

hi Peggy!
i'm just now emerging from my time at the retreat and checking out everyone's blogs...

so glad you decided to practice in your new art journal - it's the BEST way to break it in!!

you do amazing work =-)

Monica

Beth Nicholls said...

How did you make something so delicate with those big clunking paintstiks? Inspiring. What a lovely first page!

chrissy said...

i am so thinking what beth was thinking...those sticks are for chunky funky...you made something so sweet and delicate.
i think it.s beautiful peggy dear.
just
like
you.
love you.
i still want to come drive the tractor...don.t forget.
oh, and tell darling hubby that i would LOVE to buy one of those sassy necklaces he made with all the wonderful fat stones on it.
loves.
chrissy

manomij said...

Ooooh this is so mysterious! I love it. I came across your painting on Norah's faces and I think i will need to follow you now Xx

Hayley said...

Cool - I think it looks great !

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

Wow Peggy. She is amazing. I love her.