Passions of an Odd Chick

Thursday, May 1, 2008

"We cannot become what we need to be, remaining what we are" -Max Dupree

Does anyone else find it difficult to work through a shadow part of yourself. I call it shadow part because we like to keep it in the dark, or it hangs around and follows you and shows up in front of you now and then.

I have asked God to reveal to me any shadow parts that aren't pleasing to Him. I loved that I was actually saying that to Him because it makes us both happy and comfortable. But do you know what He does!! He actually answers my request!! He usually sends some difficult situation or person to pull that ugliness out of me, and then practice a better way of responding.

OUCH!
It's hard, wua,wua, wua, it's like lifting weights and getting really, really sore. It's like stretching and feeling the tenseness of slight pain that makes you back off a little. Hard exercise. Strenuous climbing. Slow progression. Slight improvement. Set-backs.

He stretches me with all these practical "exercises" of actually using my faith in everyday, walk-around situations and then at the end of the day, when I lay my head on His lap, I hear Him say, "we're almost there", "I love working with you", "at least, we're talking regularly through this", ... and my favorite, "everything's going well to work this out in you". I look at His Son.... and BY GOD, literally.... I want to be like Him because He was really, really, pleased with Son. And He set the perfect example to follow. He loves me too much to let remain with my shadow parts. That's the kind of Father we serve.

No comments: