Passions of an Odd Chick

Friday, May 23, 2008

Love Makes All Things Grow

This beautiful grackle lost his life somehow and fell right by my garden stone. He was so brilliantly beautiful in a macabre sort of way. I felt I had to record his death, and honor his graceful passing. My husband thought this photograph very strange and disturbing. I don't mind being odd chick, but I don't want to be strange and disturbing. So I leave it up to your comments about how this photograph affects your spirit. I feel stillness and peacefulness in the form in which he's fallen and that his current shining brilliance is only a vision of what his future holds. The Bible says that God knows when a sparrow falls so I know this death was recorded in the heavenlies.
But he didn't fall unnoticed in this place either.

1 comment:

Angie in AZ said...

I love the passage and I love the photo! I am often reminded of that passage of scripture and usually find myself in tears over a dying or dead bird knowing that I am not alone in noticing it. I have a collection of dead insects, large carpenter bees, mostly. But I feel an obligation to honor their lives in some way, which also had a divine purpose.