Passions of an Odd Chick

Monday, April 16, 2012

ART? Cheap? NO. A priceless therapy.

Drawing and manipulating your own art can be so therapeutic. Drawing is so calming, and then painting your drawing brings out the icing of deliciousness. And when my mind is too tired to play but will not cease from exploration, I manipulate it and channel Van Gogh with photo/art apps on my IPAD later in the evening.

Then I dream of art. ART is not cheap therapy. It is priceless therapy.
AutoPainter HD

You may be moody and blue and then the next page, you can draw a spring bunny.
First page in my new art journal. I'm now on #11


AutoPainter HD
Percolator

Picnik (soon to be extinct) and I blew this up to 36 X 42 and pixels held true at Office Max and framed it in white metal
Or take a neices' dear photograph and make it into artwork for her Dad (my brother). 
It made a nice house-warming gift.

 I don't know what I was feeling when I painted this onery bird and a sweet dog?
and added BRAVE words. I know many people struggling with hard things right now.
WordFoto

IN my own little art world:
things can change in an instant.
Change can be good. Change can expand my boundaries.
I free things from my own limitations.
I go high, low, under or over or all around.
I am an explorer.
I am completely free to fly or free-fall.

It is a good place...always.
go play, you'll see.

2 comments:

Bren Graham Thebeau said...

Wonderful post! Wonderful artistic expressions

Jennifer Richardson said...

gahhhhh......I love it!
play away indeed!
the way you play with your art
relaxes me
just to see it:)
-Jennifer