There is not much time for long sketches and drawings or paintings but my art journal is always handy for lap painting and dreaming. Though this piece is small, it is greatly symbolic to me in my heart of hearts.
In my wildest dreams:
* I wanted a great love and a best friend
* I wanted a beautiful, loving family - children & grandchildren
* I wanted a strong body and a curious mind
* I wanted a home on a hill, where I could watch trees grow and have flower beds that came up from my own planted seeds, that I could lovingly decorate with holiday decorations and invite friends and family to enjoy
* I wanted a work that I enjoyed and looked forward to when I woke up in the morning
* I wanted a real and living faith
* I wanted many dear friends that laugh with you and cry with you
* I wanted to create art and paintings that would add beauty to my home and to the hearts of others
* I wanted to travel
All this has ALL come true for me. It makes me cry to realize it. Should I dream wilder dreams when all my dreams have come true? Should I hold on tight to this season of realized dreams and hopes? Should I feel guilt for those who haven't reached their dreams?
I am content. Truly. In this place. In this time.
And no matter what happens in my life in the years to come- I can always tell myself to be gracious and grateful in what ever valley is ahead because there were years I lived my own wildest dreams.