Passions of an Odd Chick

Thursday, September 2, 2010

I needed a friend today.

No. 13 of series: She Speaks For Herself

I was glad to get this one done. I wanted to draw a zebra but I am committed to 20 of these faces so I just combined my ambitions today.
She came so far short of what I envisioned. I can't blend like I would like with these acrylics and it is very frustrating. (I softened her edges with Picnik).
I'm trying to learn Photo Elements on my own and that is very frustrating.
I had to re-rake the hay that I raked yesterday (so much humidity that it won't dry) in my John Deere with some other farm help that I had to watch screw up time after time- and that was very frustrating.
My laser printer quit for lack of a yellow toner, and I can't buy it anywhere in this town- so I have to wait on it to come by UPS and today was bill paying day! I'm not going to use the word FRUSTRATING again....
I've had very little patience with myself . I think I need to go to bed and get some rest and be thankful that that is all I have to be anxious about today.
At least, I could comfort my alter-ego with a sweet zebra.

7 comments:

Šolanje na domu-Waldorf said...

Zebra has such a sweet expression. The painting is beautiful! Sorry to hear about all the trouble. Hang in there. :)

WrightStuff said...

Hopefully the bad vibes have moved on to haunt someone else by now! What a great painting - that zebra has such a warm and loving face. Clearly, he's offering himself up to be the friend you needed today :)

Diane said...

Ahhh--when it rains it pours--hopefully today will be sunny for you. Be proud of this work--they are both stunning!

Jeanne Nelson said...

Sorry to hear of all your frustrations; here's wishing you a much less stressful day today. Your zebra is wonderful! I love they way he is snuggling with the Misses, as if he's offering her comfort. Beautiful piece of art, lady!

Carolyn said...

The zebra is just nestled so sweetly on her shoulder. It's where he wants to be - where he's loved. She has such a beautiful face! Your frustrations yielded a beauty! There is power in never laying down the brush or the pencil or the pen...and you have it.

chrissy said...

that zebra
IS
sweet.
here.s to a better day my friend.
i love this piece.
xo
c

Buffy said...

Love her,my daughters room is full of zebra print so she would just go crazy for this one.