Passions of an Odd Chick

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Animals Gone Wild



Thank you all for your encouragement regarding my last little odd painting. Nothing quite as magical as that has happened again even though I've tried to re-create that mystical experience, but it did spur a highly-creative period for me. I'm trying to enjoy different color palettes and techniques and continue to be loosey-goosey in my expectations and let things happen as they may.




























Remember these fun little images. Well, I followed through and made some cards out of them and tried new techniques that included sewing and collaging.


















So much fun!!

There is no way to fail using these messy and shabby chic ideas.




And I'll leave you with another little odd animal painting although it slightly resembles me and Sweet Farmer on a Sunday afternoon. We feel like snuggly, big, lazy blobs sometimes.






A quick thank-you to Kre8iveLife
for a sweet blog award. I don't really like the crazy roundy-rounds of blog awards but I do TRULY appreciate it when you think of me. I loved looking at the other blog friends that she included in the award and you will too.
My list would include all those listed to the right of my blog and all my followers. They constantly inspire me everyday- and that's the honest truth.
5 things I love:
walking on the farm
hearing my son sing
watching my daughter sew
blueberries
my kitchen bar messy with art supplies




























11 comments:

Rebecca Anthony said...

I really like that cool looking frog, very unique!

Å olanje na domu-Waldorf said...

This looks amazing! Love the frog and all the techniques you're incorporating. :)

Diane said...

Oh my goodness, you put a smile on my face this morning :)

Buffy said...

Congrats on your blog award! I'm glad I'm not the only one with a kitchen bar full of art supplies! I just love your puppies. They are so adorable. And your cards are amazing. Love everything.

Poetic Artist said...

These are so much fun..I like the one of you and your husband..LOL.
Take care and may all your crops bring blessings.
Katelen

DJ said...

I'm enjoying your eye-candy! Keep going ~

Anonymous said...

I love them all! Like DJ says - eye candy!! ♥

shazartist said...

what a fun blog..love the art work

LeeAnn@Encouragement Is Contagious said...

Ah, thank you so much for your sweet comment today on my blog post. It blessed my heart really big! It is special how even over long distance God can give you a close at heart friend.

Hey I love your sewing idea across your art work. I'll have to try that.

Smiles across the miles,
Lee Ann

DJ said...

O.C., Your comment on my artwork really made my day brighter. (You know the kind of "down" day you have when nothing seems right about yourself?)
I just needed a hug, and you gave it to me...
Thanks so much, Sweet Friend!

chrissy said...

i LOVE your style because it never ceases to surprise me. you are such a beautiful soul. inside and out!
i hope our paths cross again in the near future. give jolie my love. i love the baby {?} colt {?} trying to stand for the first time {?}
okay...that was TOTALLY my interpretation but i LOVE it none the less.
you keep flying my dear.
loves
c