Passions of an Odd Chick

Thursday, April 24, 2008

I need a cup of tea....


Tea is so comforting to me. I watched my red tea flavored with mango pieces steep and it slowed me down for a minute. Long enough to pray.
I just got off the phone after starting a prayer chain for a very dear friend. His parents were in a horrible car accident earlier today and his mother just died from her injuries and his father's back is broken with severe internal bleeding and it looks like they will lose him too. One minute you have healthy, vibrant parents traveling on vacation and another.... minute... they're changed forever. I'm so sad for my friend, his wife, and their teenage kids who were the type of kids who really, really, enjoyed their grandparents. I know God is caring for, and comforting everyone His own special way. I think I will enjoy some time with Him now, and my tea.

No comments: