Passions of an Odd Chick

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Just be good.


I went to church today.
I finally felt inspired to paint again. It felt good to get the art journal out and a couple of tubes of paint.
I had just gotten out of the habit. Like going to church.
But it's what inspired me. I felt contemplative and sensitive to everything around me. The music was beautiful and the babies, sweeter. The stain glass shown more brilliantly and my little town showed up in their finest to celebrate and worship something beyond ourselves and our stuff.
I was raised to be good- to be good to myself, other people, animals and the environment. I'm one of those people that have to work at being good. Sweet Farmer was born that way and it comes more natural. But me, I have a natural naughtiness that takes some work to overcome. I get out of the habit.
The Man above reminds me of who I am and who I want to be. He's very real to me. Not like a good-luck charm or a spiritual Santa. He was a real man whose feelings, thoughts and realities were recorded by real men. I believe in his reality of the world. I believe that he gave us a glimpse of who God is and how much he wants to be re-united with us and how much he wants us to have great lives until we all get together again.
I'm glad I have a Center (besides me). A Person to go to that grounds me (besides Sweet Farmer). A place that speaks of community and rising above the mundane.
Today reminded me to be good.

8 comments:

Paula Villanova said...

...so nicely put...agreed...

Renee said...

The painting is beautiful, I love it.

Oh yes, he is very real.

Love Renee xoxo

Anonymous said...

Lovely to hear from and read your post and how filled with the love of God. This art shines His love so much.
Have a great holiday!

Hugz!

Julie

Karin Bartimole said...

This painting is quite beautiful - those eyes just shine!! I can feel the inspiration you felt, and how strongly the message of "goodness" came through. *good* doesn't feel like quite the word - like it doesn't fully put it's arms around the fullness of the goodness, if you know what I mean!
Somehow it's hard for me to get a naughty vibe from you!! Playful, yes; mischievous - especially with your cutie pie grand kids! but not good?! no way :)
I hope you had a fabulous Christmas, filled with the proof that no one you know was on a naughty list! and a blessed and happy new year... thank you for sharing your supportive, thoughtful, and caring words through out the year. xox Karin

Steve Emery said...

I'm impressed at how you did from memory. I can't do that.

And the message here is inspiring. It was a good Chistmas here, too - the first I've had in years. We finally made it simple enough. Like your painting - it works because it's the right amount.

Ernie Hendrix said...

So glad to see another beautiful painting from you. And "goodness" is something we all have to work at. It isn't always a natural state of being. But the mere act of striving for goodness means that goodness is in your heart.

Ernie
Gypsy Gold Studio

Poetic Artist said...

I do miss you. The painting is wonderful and the words are perfect.
Katelen

DJ said...

Wow! That painting is breath-taking. I'm blessed by the results of your inspiration. So glad you acted on it.
I bet He is pretty thrilled with you, also!
(From one who has to work on being good, too...)
Love & Laughter,
DJ